How about the matching green paint and rims? - Chevy Impala SS Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Al9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
 
How about the matching green paint and rims?

This is the Caprice that is all green: Ugly Chevrolet Caprice | Ugly Car Pictures
Al9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
qdub24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beallwood, GA
Posts: 115
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al9 View Post
This is the Caprice that is all green: Ugly Chevrolet Caprice | Ugly Car Pictures
That car looks good just should change to different floater faces or paint those faces.

Bubble or a Box:

or
qdub24 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,637
 
More Or Less Meh

The only thing driving my post is it's the absolute first time ever seeing a Caprice with opera roof, or whatever it's called.

Absolutely objectionable, notably even ooglier the ones on a Grand Marquis.

\'96SS SOB: SSRI, Herter Tune, Tri-Y II, , 3000 Edge, F/HO bars, METCO extendeds with CV MMC, Bilsteins, currently Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (315/35 rear). Finally, wait for it... LT-4 knock module!
\'96FWB BUW-Butt Ugly White: PCMPerformance tune, HDFA w/ swissed filter, 1/2 SLP s.s. catback with H- and Flow Super 50s, oem opti rebuilt 3 times, SS Bars, METCO LCA, Airlift 1000, Monroe SS, PowerTrax No-Slip, CTS wheels with +1 rubber. Finally, yes again... LT-4 knock module!
96 Black is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
qdub24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beallwood, GA
Posts: 115
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Black View Post
The only thing driving my post is it's the absolute first time ever seeing a Caprice with opera roof, or whatever it's called.

Absolutely objectionable, notably even ooglier the ones on a Grand Marquis.


The LS Brougham 1/4 top is what you're referencing? Those are stock, and pretty desirable at the moment.

Bubble or a Box:

or
qdub24 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,637
 
Check. I had that on an '80 Riv and it was at least tolerable for its era. Parents had an '82 Grand Marquis with one and it was downright unsightly. As mentioned, while seeing plenty of Caprices with full vinyl I had been blessed not to see the 1/4 on one til now. All the makers were doing silly stuff in the '70's dressing up their cheap brands to mimic the Brougham look. B-pillar lamps and such. It reminded me even then the designers were just attempting things the same as trying to dress up a shepherd to look like a poodle.

I agree the weighted floaters could be designed to look quite nice. Like maybe a nice tame 7-spoke over body-colored base. Sorry but that size belongs on a F-450 or 550 dumptruck though. I mean really.

EDIT: I just saw you have the same spoke design on your boxy about what I'm envisioning. lol And you favor the big look too. vive le differanse

\'96SS SOB: SSRI, Herter Tune, Tri-Y II, , 3000 Edge, F/HO bars, METCO extendeds with CV MMC, Bilsteins, currently Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (315/35 rear). Finally, wait for it... LT-4 knock module!
\'96FWB BUW-Butt Ugly White: PCMPerformance tune, HDFA w/ swissed filter, 1/2 SLP s.s. catback with H- and Flow Super 50s, oem opti rebuilt 3 times, SS Bars, METCO LCA, Airlift 1000, Monroe SS, PowerTrax No-Slip, CTS wheels with +1 rubber. Finally, yes again... LT-4 knock module!

Last edited by 96 Black; 05-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.
96 Black is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Senior Member
 
qdub24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beallwood, GA
Posts: 115
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Black View Post
Check. I had that on an '80 Riv and it was at least tolerable for its era. Parents had an '82 Grand Marquis with one and it was downright unsightly. As mentioned, while seeing plenty of Caprices with full vinyl I had been blessed not to see the 1/4 on one til now. All the makers were doing silly stuff in the '70's dressing up their cheap brands to mimic the Brougham look. B-pillar lamps and such. It reminded me even then the designers were just attempting things the same as trying to dress up a shepherd to look like a poodle.

I agree the weighted floaters could be designed to look quite nice. Like maybe a nice tame 7-spoke over body-colored base. Sorry but that size belongs on a F-450 or 550 dumptruck though. I mean really.

EDIT: I just saw you have the same spoke design on your boxy about what I'm envisioning. lol And you favor the big look too. vive le differanse

I assume your a noob to the scene. These big cars look better on bigger wheels. 26s aren't even considered to be that big anymore.

Bubble or a Box:

or
qdub24 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
k gee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 818-Cali SS
Posts: 5,771
 
Box Caprice? Throw some 13"s color matched and done!

96 DCM Caprice B4U
96 RMW Collector's Edition *Sold*


www.cali-ss.com
k gee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome