Chevy Impala SS Forum - View Single Post - Thoughts on Painting exhaust System
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 06:42 AM
juniorwatson

As an FYI Here's a pic of the tails I installed on 01/2009. As you can see the aluminizing holds up well, with the only thing getting ugly is the hangers, which I assume were made from mild steel, and rusted along with the welds.

Also as a note the ends facing the ground were the output that used to scrape on driveways and whatnot because the system hung below the quarter panels, and I used to have the Hotchkis springs in the back. Both of which have been replaced in my current setup.

Also remember the tail pipes are going to be part of the system that gets the most debris, and road junk sprayed on them. The aluminizing has held up well.

Try your best to ignore the rest of the junk that needs to make a trip to the recycler.

Clear Image Tri-Ys & Hi-Flow cats >> 2.5" X-Pipe & Magnaflow Tri-Chambers, Mike Harris 4L60E, Circle-D 2,400 RPM TC, All MOOG FT End & Del-A-Lum bushed MOOG CTRL Arms, Eibach FT & New Stock HT rear springs. Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, RAISS, 3.73 Gears in Eaton carrier, Dynoshaft & CIA Loop, BMR Trailing Arms, Braided Brake Hoses, Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, AutoMeter Water Temp & Oil PSI Gauges, Impala Console. ATE Blue Brake Fluid. Skip White distributor. 20's, Z28 Cluster, Corbeau GTS Seat

Last edited by juniorwatson; 11-14-2017 at 06:45 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome