Chevy Impala SS Forum - View Single Post - No more Ellwein engines?!?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
schlicky13

Garage
No more Ellwein engines?!?

Since my debacle with the vette pushing my caddy off until possibly early next year, and since I've always got multiple irons in the fire, I was starting to see if I could figure out a way to swing a stroker block from Karl over the winter. It's been a part of my long-term plan all along and figured since I now had the entire top-end, why waste my time, effort and money putting it on the stock block if I was going to have to pull it all off later and swap it to a different block. So I cruise on over to his website for the umpteenth time to gather info and mostly just ogle.

And bam! Big red notice right on the home page: no new customers, no more engine builds for at least 8 months, and you can get on a waiting list if you want. I mean, I'm not mad at him, I'm just super dejected by that right now. If I decide to pull the trigger on the block, that means the car will sit undriveable for at least another full year. It's already been down for a full year since I popped a head gasket which prompted me to get a LE head and cam package, but the vette and other projects prevented me from getting to work on the caddy all year.

Ellwein Engines Home Page

Something witty.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome