I've decided to sell my 1996 Impala SS (for those of you who are married, you know the decision wasn't 'mine').
UPDATE: Dropped the price to $15,900 for quick sale! Your choice if you want the car only or car + parts since I now have a buyer for all the parts if someone only wants the car. Car buyer gets first choice, though!
Located in Dayton, Ohio
Car is a GENUINE original DCM color Impala SS, but I had it painted a custom Kandy color - Paint is House of Kolor Brandywine over Cinder Red.
I'd have to look back at my records to confirm, but what I recall is:
2 coats base (Cinder Red), 3 coats tint (Brandywine), 5 coats clear
The Impala SS side scripts were 'ghosted' in and included silver flake.
Paint job turned out awesome - car has a brandywine look and when sun hits it, you get shimmers of red. Door jambs, under hood, under trunk, all painted. Silver accents on wheels were also painted to match the car.
Car runs great - I'm not the original owner, previous owner said the LT1 was replaced with a new crate engine by a local Chevy dealer about 18K ago. I think he showed me the paperwork, so I may have that in my files (I have a folder about 2" thick of documents, related to the car and parts I've purchased for it, so it may take a bit to locate).
Car came with Hypertech Power Programmer (still in the box - I assume the chip is installed - I never played around with it), but I'll include it too.
I have LOTS of parts for the car (hence, my problem - taking up too much space in the garage) - wife is getting a new car and the parts in the garage have got to go.
I'm really picky and wanted to put the car back together a certain way, and only with new, or pristine parts, so I've bought several parts to do that. I've even bough compete cars to get the parts I desired and after swapping out parts I wanted, sold the car. So the collection of parts I have now are the best I could accumulate.
Car has been stored at my mechanic's shop for the last 3 years and have not got a chance to finish installing everything to my liking. My original plan was to remove the existing factory interior which is in really good shape, install my new carpet, headliner and custom seats/door panels, then sell the original interior.
Opti was replaced to fix an oil leak - new OEM GM Opti installed. New radiator installed.
Have original remote, but car has security system installed with remote start, so I use those remotes instead. Have extra blank ignition keys (with chips).
I have a custom ostrich leather interior grey & red seats with matching center console & door panels that I planned on replacing the original interior with.
If you want to keep the original interior - it's ready to roll now, but if you're picky and want all the 'new' stuff installed, then you've got to swap it out, etc.
I have a LOT of parts - I'm very picky so I would collect parts until I either had a new one or a pristine one (so I typically ended up with multiples of each part). Here is a list of EXTRA parts I have, these are in ADDITION to what's on the car as it sits. This is what I can remember of the top of my head - it's no where near a complete list:
- K&N air filter
- plugs - new
- wires - new
- headliner - pristine
- interior carpet (new - factory)
- 3 lower dash (that surrounds the radio)
- spare cover - pristine
- jack - pristine
- trunk liner - pristine
- cargo net - pristine
- locking lugs
- door spears (black) (paint shop lost the original DCM ones when I didn't get them installed after paint)
- sun visors
- Door Panels (original set + 1 extra driver's panel, + 1 custom set)
- inner dash
- 2 glove box
- 2 shocks (I had paint shop install new Gabriel rear shocks on the car, then found a deal on original Bilsteins, so had them take the Gabriels off and put on the Bilsteins)
- Rear view mirror with compass
- Side emblems (short leg and original long leg styles)
- Bowtie emblem (RED - new / I think I also have the original silver one)
- Trunk emblem (painted to match car)
- interior grey plastic (several duplicates)
- Window Control modules (several sets - one set pristine)
- Shift console cover (PRNDL) - NEW in BOX.
- Shift nob - pristine
- rear speaker covers
- wheel well trim - several
- door glass (1 set)
- Cooling fan (1 extra)
- Steering wheel + steering column (with key)- has security collar (I didn't like the collar, so replaced the column)
- 3 Radios (factory pristine, Nakamichi CD with EQ, Phase Linear DVD flip up screen but no remote control for that one - I may keep one of those to put in my 99 Malibu)
- Power Antenna (new - I can't remember if I still have this or gave it to a friend that needed one, since the one on the car works fine - I'll have to double check)
- door panel lights/lenses (new in box + several used ones)
- door panel inserts (several sets)
- Door Pulls (several)
- Billet Door Pulls (new - set of 4)
- Door pull caps (several)
- upper dash pieces
- HVAC control
- Under hood light (new)
- I think I still have the set of new DCM side scripts that I bought in case the ghosted scripts didn't turn out like I wanted - never used them, don't know if I sold them after I liked the ghosed scripts, though - I'll have to check)
That's all I can remember off the top of my head
Turned down several offers on the car in the past as I didn't want to sell it. Several members knew about the project and are interested in buying the original interior after I installed the custom interior. So if you go the custom route, you can sell the parts you don't need or use.
Asking $20k for everything.
I am NOT interested in selling individual parts - I need to sell everything and will NOT sell the parts without the car.
Pics:96SS Slideshow by myblubu | Photobucket
Example of Original door panel:
Pic taken without flash:
Pic taken with flash: