96 DGGM Impala SS/ Golen 357ci/ $6,500
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Location: Orlando/Maitland, Florida
UPDATE: Drop price and update "The Bad" section to remove the fuel level gauge issue. I replaced the fuel sending unit, and that fixed the problem.
Selling my baby because I need to be responsible. I have two kids and a job that requires 100 miles per round-trip. I am the second owner (purchased private party in 2005 from original owner) and have shown her the love and respect that she deserves. She has been my daily driver, and I hate to see her go. Clean title, no accidents, non-smoker, and garage kept. Runs very strong. There are 243,000 miles on the car and 57,000 miles on the rebuilt engine and transmission.
Here are the details:
- Original LT1 NA engine professionally rebuilt by Golen Engines (build sheet will be provided to buyer) in New Hampshire with 357 ci of displacement with new rods and pistons. Refurbished original crank. Includes new aluminum LT1 heads, machined and ported (I still have the stock steel heads). Comp Cams mild camshaft street/strip (spec sheet will be provided to buyer). ATI damper. Bosch 30 lb injectors.
- Original 4L60E transmission professionally rebuilt by Personalized Automotive Service & Performance Center (build sheet will be provided to buyer) in Orlando. New Z-pack clutches, Sonnax performance shift kit, HD 2-3 shift valve, teflon seal, kevlar band, Beast sun shell and 4L65E 5-gear planetaries. Include Edge 2800 stall converter.
- Engine computer professionally reprogrammed by PCMForless (spec sheet will be provided to buyer). Includes LT4 knock sensor module.
- The entire frame and underside/engine bay was pressure washed, sanded, primed with RustBullet and top coated with black enamel (the underside of the car is MUCH prettier than the top).
- Clear Image Automotive Gen II TRI-Y mid-length stainless steel headers, cat delete extension, and full cat back x-pipe exhaust system with Spintech mufflers and polished chrome tailpipes.
- Clear Image Automotive cold air intake.
- Larger 52mm throttle body.
- New Innovative Wiring heavy duty positive and negative battery cables and electric water pump harness.
- AC-Delco Optispark, Taylor stainless steel braided spark plug wires, and spark plugs
- Meziere WP118 Heavy Duty electric water pump with new housing and 160 degree thermostat
- AC-Delco heavy duty (Corvette) starter
- AC-Delco alternator
- Nito 555 tires (50% life left). Rims in great shape
- AC-Delco A/C compressor, drier/accumulator, evaporator, and condenser (professionally recharged)
- AC-Delco power steering pump and Borgeson gear box
- Energy Suspension polyurethane body mounts (all replaced)
- Russell stainless steel braided brake lines
- Stock rebuild of all four calipers with ceramic pads
- Original interior and in beautiful shape for age. Back seat in great shape. Passenger seat in good shape (minor blemishes). Driver seat bottom in need of repair where my wallet hits.
- Removed EGR and air pump
- All normal maintenance items are rigidly attended to.
All of this work was performed 57,000 miles ago or less. As with any car like this, I realize that I will never get out of it, what I put in. That being said, a lot of the heavy lifting work on this car is done. Some lucky buyer can get a budget SS with all major mechanical systems replaced and/or rebuilt; slap some money into a paint job, interior and instrumentation; and have a top notch sleeper. The drive train could be transplanted into any project car. I would love to make back the cost of the engine ($6k), transmission ($1k) and header/exhaust system ($2k) minus a paint job ($2k). I am removing the cost of all the other premium products and labor I have put into her. I have all documentation and will be furnished to buyer.
- She needs a paint job and minor body work (no rust). I have brand new GM green rear panel decals that will be provided with car. Price reflects discount for paint.
- Instrument cluster does not display temperature (track by OBDII code reader)
- Occasionally a transmission slip code is thrown, but multiple mechanics have told me not to worry about it. Maybe a flush would take care of it.
ASKING PRICE IS $6,100. No trades. Serious offers only. Please take care of her.
This sale is as-is, no warranty. Buyer is responsible for pick-up/transportation. I will travel up to 10 miles (Maitland) to meet with serious offeror. Payment by cash, cashier's check (no personal), or money order.
Last edited by Jeff's SS; 02-18-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Reason: Drop price and update for fuel sending unit repair.