I did have a problem with my rebuild, it was 1 part inexperience (thank god I'm friends with a mechanic) and 2 parts stubborn car. My caprice was a Jersey State troopers car, and I swear this guy musta had shore patrol cause it is RUSTY underneath. I actually had to grind the head and end off one of the lower CA bolts just to get it off the frame... The bolt and the center sleeve of the bushing had become One...
Also the fact that I never seemed to have the right tools for the job...
And for some reason putting the reassembled LCA's back on the car was frustrating as hell, they didnt want to go back...
Maybe it was 2 parts inexperience [img]graemlins/
But I really dont see how loosening the bolts would help - I have ramps, so I will give it a shot, but I could move my control arms (without springs) up and down with my bare hands after they were reinstalled, it seems that the weight of the car would make them settle.
This car is just so frustrating - every time I do something, I find something else that needs to be fixed.
1. radiator - still havent taken care of that
2. had 2 snapped off exhaust bolts in head, pulled head to fix - cost me a bunch just in gaskets to put it back together
3. replaced exhaust - mufflers were rotted out and I bought the Flowmaster kit, not that i could really afford it, but I just didnt want to buy an exhaust system twice.
4. Front end felt a little 'loose', so I rebuilt it and found (1) shock snapped in half, NO bushings on one side (completely rotted away) tie rods so loose you could move 'em around all over the place, you get the idea
5. Had to undo the cooler lines for the transmission, right where they come into the tranny, and put some teflon tape on the fittings cause they were leaking, and when we were working on the head, cracked another tranny line where it comes over the sway bar (yay!)
6. Now I have a bunch of rust holes to fill in the floor, never welded before but I am now the proud owner of a Craftsman Wire Feed Gasless MIG Welder (gasless because it seemed easier, and I only had enough credit on my sears card to get this one)....
Anywho it goes on and on, sorry for the rant but this car is just getting me a little down right now, it took me a little over a month to get the front end done (not working every day on it) and there is so much that I need to do before I can drive it, I bought it in the beginning of july and i've put like 20 miles on it and nowhere near being able to get a state inspection.