This is being re-posted to replace the previous thread. Some links and pictures are lost--will try to get it all working again.
Originally posted March 5, 2008
GM B-BODY HD12 FRONT BRAKE ROTOR KIT
Pricing and specifications of HD12 Rotor Kit and price, specifications or availability of any special offers subject to change without notice.
If you have followed the Impala SS Forum for awhile, you are probably aware that a true “upgrade” of the stock
front brakes was one thing that was frequently coming up short of the hype.
The HD12 Front Brake Rotor Kit changes all that, and is the missing link in the “Bolt-On”
front brake upgrade category. The development of this brake kit has been a long-term goal that has finally come to fruition. The prototype kit has exceeded all expectations, and the project has moved to production status.
In addition to it's use in competitive events where lots of braking is involved, this kit is ideal for our heavy cars, and especially for wagon, Fleetwood, and 9C1 applications when the smallest OEM (15") wheels are being retained.
NOTE: Fit & clearance are verified ONLY for the identified OE iron calipers when HD12 rotors are used with OE 15" steel or aluminum wheels
- all other combinations of aftermarket aluminum calipers with HD12 rotors are the responsibility of the vehicle owner or installer to confirm proper fit & clearance.
The HD12 Front Brake Rotor Kit is rotors & hats ONLY, and does not include hubs*, calipers, pads or tone rings (more tone ring info in Q&A post below)
*Requires use of KORE3 HD Billet Hub Kit for GM tall-spindle - PN 10149. Hub kit may now be ordered at same time as HD12 kit as a single purchase, or hubs may be purchased separately by calling 800-357-5467 or online at www.kore3.com
See combined rotor/hub kit pricing information below.
HD12 FEATURES MORE MASS WHERE IT COUNTS, IN THE PAD PATH
- 32.5mm DBA**
rotor versus 26.5mm OE rotor – 23% greater thickness (ie., stock rotor is 81% of HD12's thickness)
- 302mm, same diameter as OE rotor
HD12 FEATURES SUPERIOR VENTILATION
- Directional vane design versus OE straight vane rotor
HD12 ROTOR SURFACE TREATMENT
- Plain or slotted (extra charge)
HD12 FEATURES BILLET ALUMINUM ROTOR HAT
- Slip-on design, separate from hub for easier brake servicing without disturbing wheel bearings
- Correct offset for GM caliper mount
- Reduced weight, improved thermal characteristics
- Hat & Rotor assembled with 12 NAS fasteners
- Black anodized finish on hat
- HD Rotors are pre-assembled and ready for installation on KORE3 hubs - ABS tone rings transfer from take-off rotors
- Clears all OE 15” or larger wheels used in 91-96 production – 5x5 pattern is standard, or 4.75” pattern available special order
- Fits all 91-96 GM B-body and D-body vehicles with ABS, also fits 1990 and earlier 12” rotor GM “tall knuckle” applications
- Plain rotors are black zinc plated for anti-corrosion and pre-finished for proper break-in using the “Flex-Hone” process and GWR finish treatment mini-kit included with HD12 kit.
The HD12 Front Rotor Kit REQUIRES use of:
- Calipers from 93-96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham J55 heavy duty (wide caliper/wide rotor) brake system (limo & commercial chassis)
- See Q & A in next post for specific caliper PN information
- Brake pads meeting FMSI D614 (Impala SS spec) or FMSI D52
- Link to Wilwood GM III caliper
- PN 120-5289
- Link to Wilwood GM D52 dual-piston caliper
- PN 120-10936 - <<<NEW INFO, added 12/17/09
- Link to twin-piston caliper
for HD12 and standard rotor fitments - MUST
inform supplier of rotor width being used--for HD12, use WIDE version of this caliper
: 9C1 calipers for 94-96 Caprice MAY work, however pad choice can determine whether they fit or not--these are same casting as Fleetwood J55, but use a slightly taller piston, which reduces pad to rotor clearance. Any pad with shims, which includes the majority of all DOT-approved pads, will not likely work in combination with a 9C1 caliper on an HD12 rotor.
Wilwood has D52 pads with no shims (primarily for race use when noise isn't a consideration) that may allow 9C1 calipers to be retained with the HD12 rotor. This has NOT been confirmed.
The replacement of 9C1 calipers with the "correct" J55-spec calipers listed is a quite inexpensive
option--see PN's in the Q&A post of this thread, linked vvv below vvv.
See the >>>"Question & Answer" page
<<< below for more detailed information.
For photos, please contact me directly, until I can post any new photos to Forum.
HD12 ROTOR and ROTOR/HUB KIT COST
(pricing in US Dollars)
- $525.00 for HD12 kit (add $40 for slotted rotors)
- $839.50 for combined HD12/KORE3 HD hub kit (add $40 for slotted rotors)
- additional individual component price information listed in Question & Answer section
: HD hub kit - combined kit price based on use of ARP M12 wheel studs, includes stamped steel dust caps, new wheel bearings and grease seals. Billet dust caps and ARP 1/2" wheel studs are optional - inquire.
Contact Bill Harper for full ordering details:
- Direct E-Mail [email protected]
- Phone 770-359-9207
- PM on ISSF Navy Lifer
- Two options
1. Full payment prior to delivery includes free shipping
2. Pay 50% of total--deliver kit, with payment of balance extended for up to 6 months, with shipping cost added.
- Personal check or Money Order (US Dollars) accepted. PayPal available with additional 4% processing fee
No warranty, expressed or implied, is applicable to the HD12 Front Brake Rotor Kit. Suppliers of the components that comprise the kit have their own policy with regard to warrantable conditions. Any issues arising from a claim for any defective HD12 brake component will be evaluated and responded to on a case-by-case basis.
**Rotor rings are supplied by Disc Brakes Australia