Should I hook up a tazer to one of the output channels ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The compustar manual leaves alot to be desired. Good thing I have the FSM.
1) Ignition sense located. Pink wire bottom of inside fuse block, 10A I believe. marked I/P Ign
2) +12 located, hahaha, thanks SEO
option. behind the driver side fuse panel is a length of black wire and a connector meant for the left hand spotlight, which was never installed. Unfortunately it looks good for 15A. The compustar brain has 30A power fuses. Hmmm, guess I'll run a fatter wire to the battery later.
2a) Ground located. Remove interior plastic molding at base of driver side door. Two large grounding bolts are present below parking brake.
3) parking ligths located back of fuse panel, brown wire.
IT LIVES !!!!!!!
and it has great range.
4) Note; my 9C1 had LH drivers door jamb switch disabled. What a bidge it is to find the tan and white wires with spade lugs on em. These get reconnected for the courtesy light to work. And hence a hookup to the alarm for the door open sense. There's not much room behind the parking brake assembly (ouch).
4a) Door sense done. Tap into the black/white wire leading to the drivers under dash courtesy light. Its negative sense btw.
5) Working on the door locks now. Door locks pretty easy, needs a pair of relays but its straight forward.
6) Trunk popper is interesting, you have to jack into the convenience panel behind the brake pedal. You need to supply two leads hot to the relay. I started hacking w the release button till i rtfm and realized the circuit is a little more complex than anticipated.
well, thats it for now. Remote start later and no ignition disable cause I'm gonna put a collar on the column. It'll keep the arsewipes from smashing the column only to find out its disabled.
Overall impression is very good, I'm considering another one for the cadi since DEI cant get off the pot and design a freq hopping 2 way.
cheers and feel free to PM me if you plan on doing your own install.