Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Heater box mixer door stuck??

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Bart 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm having an issue with 94 Fleetwood. I can't get the cabin temp to change. No heat, no cold air. The heater core lines get good and hot after the car is running, and the a/c lines get ice cold. I dropped the bottom off the heater box, and the heater core is burning hot, and the a/c condenser is ice cold. I checkied the codes and nothing comes up. I have checked all the vacuum lines and they all seem good, no leaks. Does anyone know where I can find the mixer control on the heater box? I'm thinking it may be stuck? Any ideas?

#2 ·
Is there air blowing? Did you check the vacuum motor that works the temp door? You need an FSM to do the checks.

#3 ·
Lots of air blowing, and I have also changed the vacuum control under the glove box, and still nothing. I read that sometimes the system needs to recalibrate it's self, and it's as simple as pulling a fuse, so I did that, and it went through all the steps, and still nothing. the cabin temp doesn't change much from the outside temp.

#4 ·
Assuming you get correct vacuum to the manifold, the only possibilities are; the door is stuck, the vacuum motor is not working, the linkage is broken, or it is not getting a signal from the HVAC module to the vacuum manifold.

#8 ·
Found the problem!

I found out that the mixer door is controled by an electric motor just behind the glove box. That was my issue. Thanks everyone for you help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.