Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

94 Roadmaster CD changer

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  59186 
#1 ·
I own a 99 Old Aurora, my 4th one. I installed a Delco 12 CD Changer in the trunk, all the wiring and plugs were there waiting for me.

I have an extra 12 CD changer, and the wiring harness that runs from the dash to the changer. I am wondering if there is a Delco unit that fits a 1994 Roadmaster that allows for CD changer controls? And is there even a place to plug in the harness I have?

#2 ·
If the radio has a source button for a cd changer you can add one but you will have to run a new harness to the rear. Better yet, go to Crutchfield and order an iPod/MP3 adaptor that will plug into the CD input in the back of the stereo. You can then listen to any smart phone, iPod or MP3 music player directly thru the stereo. I have not used a CD in a car in 10 years.

#4 ·
The mid 90's Rivieras have pretty much the same head unit as 95-96 Roadmasters. I saw one with steering wheel controls at a wrecker once.
I see a changer part is available for Rivs.
Do 94's have a 1.5 or double DIN?

#5 ·
Got a little thumb drive plugged into my Kenwood rocking 30gb+, cd's are so 90's. Also have aprox 6oo albums recorded on cassette but I don't want to drag them around with me either. Have 2 Sony 300 disc cd changers loaded in my home system too don't want to drag those around either, the digital world will free up a lot of room in your car. Back in the day we used to carry a suitcase full of tunes, what a drag!

#6 ·
As long as sound quality is not a concern, I guess MP3 would do. 94's have 1.5 DIN, but I have already installed a 2 DIN unit from an Aurora, with a 95 Roadmaster Dash bezel etc. I did have the proper harness that goes from the head unit to the Delco 12 CD changer, but the harness was defective. I will find another one some day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.