Mountain MadneSS questions - Chevy Impala SS Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 04:50 PM
PistonHead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

I just have a few questions about the upcoming show. Yup, newbie alert !

Is the car show included with registration or do you have to pay the competition fee in order to be in the car show as well?

I have a moderate stereo system in my car. It is in no way an SPL system. Is there any point in competing in the Sound Off? Or is this just for the big dogs? I have a 600 watt system that is designed for sound quality not SPL.

What does the competition fee include? I wouldn't mind taking one trip up the drag strip and a "leisurely" drive around the autocross course, but I am more concerned with making sure I don't break anything. It's a long drive back to the Great White North !!

Is this fee required for the soundoff?

Can the classes that I choose on the registration form be changed once I arrive at the show. For instance, I believe I will be in the Daily driver (150,000+), street (26-45 visible mods) class. If it is determined that I should be in modified class, can this be changed?

What is involved in volunteering?

Thanks for any help.
Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 AM
PistonHead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Anyone??

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 AM
BOILRSS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by PistonHead:
Is the car show included with registration or do you have to pay the competition fee in order to be in the car show as well?
Yes, the competition fee is for all competitions. The car show, the sound off and racing.

Quote:
I have a moderate stereo system in my car. It is in no way an SPL system. Is there any point in competing in the Sound Off? Or is this just for the big dogs? I have a 600 watt system that is designed for sound quality not SPL.
Go for it!! There are different classes for this competition, too.

Quote:
What does the competition fee include? I wouldn't mind taking one trip up the drag strip and a "leisurely" drive around the autocross course, but I am more concerned with making sure I don't break anything. It's a long drive back to the Great White North !!
The competition fee is for the car show, sound off and racing (Auto-X, Road and Drag).

Quote:
Can the classes that I choose on the registration form be changed once I arrive at the show. For instance, I believe I will be in the Daily driver (150,000+), street (26-45 visible mods) class. If it is determined that I should be in modified class, can this be changed?
Brad, things change between registration and arrival at the event. You will have an opportunity to confirm your classifications when you register your arrival at the ISSCA "Control Center" at the hotel.

Quote:
What is involved in volunteering?
You can send your contact info to your Regional ISSCA Director. We will be compiling a list of volunteers and asking for their help very soon. ISSCA will need help with everything from setting up and cleaning up at different venues to track stewards and special events help.

Thanks for asking, offering your help and hope to see you there, eh?!
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
PistonHead
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Excellent. Thanks for the response Gene.

That clears everything up.

Looks like, if I am going to pay the competition fee anyway. I may as well check out the strip and the autocross.

I wonder what the record is for slowest car? most cones hit?

Thanks,
Brad Johnston
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Jim Moulton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Hard to say...I know if I was entered , there would be a LOT of cones ran over !! [img]smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 04:49 PM
BOILRSS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

I don't know, there were some cone fatalities out in Vegas. You should see the DVD!

Hardest thing I had to learn on such a tight auto-x course was the tendency to try to steer with my right foot! S-M-O-O-T-H is the word. Didn't do too bad ending up in the middle of the field for my very first time auto-xing the Impala on stock street tires, though. Ed, Les and Harvey were a big help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome