Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Suggested dates for 2014 National Event

6K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  96SSbbb 
#1 ·
In the interest of more family members being able to attend, my vote is to make it no later than the week of July 28-Aug 2.
This year's event at Charlotte was first week of school for us here in Indiana :(

#2 ·

Good point,but unless some members step up to help the terrific people above,and the others,be grateful there is an event at all.

Don't know the date selection process,but I missed a Family wedding to attend,and would do it all over again.

Whenever it is decided,I promise I will take a more active volunteer role so I can help the others enjoy themselves more.

Thanks again to the Whalen's, above,Robert and the entire committee for this past event.

Lorne.

#4 ·
Dang....I didn't mean that to come across as negative ??
I just thought it was a factor that could be considered. It's NOT a dealbreaker ;)

No prob for me being there. I'm just not one to keep my kid out of the first week of school.

#5 ·
I didn't think it sounded negative and I'm sure Lorne wasn't addressing you specifically. It's useful to have that kind of information when picking dates.

#7 ·
Sorry Bolt on Teror,Erik is correct,I am not wanting to take this thread in a negative direction at all.

Any date works for me,I just wanted to point out how much work is involved,maybe the committee works around their vacations to pull it off,I am just speculating here.

Nice to see you wanting to include Family,once was enough for Marge,cost me dearly in NY this year,the week after the Nats.

This is the ONLY thing she likes about these cars.

Doing the math the night before we cross the border

#8 ·
Guys the Board is in discussions, and looking at earlier dates for the 2014 Nats, We willl also be releasing a Poll for the members so we may receive feedback from this years event so be on the look out for that as well.

#10 ·
Any date is fine by me as I will be there!

But I would prefer to have the event at a time when we can have lower temperatures.

Michael

#11 ·
We will try our best to accomodate. It looks like a few would like it earlier, although June and July are some hot months too! :)

A survey will be going out shortly to all ISSCA members to get their input on many things including timing and location of the 2014 Nationals.

#13 ·
I can't do Fathers Day weekend. If you guys want it then that's fine but I won't be able to make it. That week is always bad anyway, I have baseball playoffs for the spring season that week.

#14 ·
I would say with the ever increasing length of the school year and "summer" sports, if we try to accomodate a more family friendly time, we are pretty much down to 2nd week of June through last week of July. June is usually not as hot as late July and August in the south, but still pretty warm, especially to you "Northern Aggressors." Spring Break would be cooler, but no way could we line up everybody's spring break week. Hell, spring break in Alabama is different weeks depending on the county you live.

I'm fine with it whatever week as long as school is out (unless my wife and kids decide to not go again, then I don't care when it is.)

**Edit. Charlotte again would be fantastic.

#18 ·
BigBlack, thanks for the heads up for the Wagonfest date.
Lorne, thanks for the backup on the ISSCA Nats.
Hopefully everyone can attend both. Love the passion!

-----

And now...the Nats DVD teaser...

#20 ·
2010 Nats was in New Orleans. Not enough people signed up so we pulled the plug so we didn't bankrupt the club with deposits.

We are always up to hearing about cool new locations...all we need is 1-2 local people who can be our onsite eyes and ears and work with the track(s) to help ISSCA.

#21 ·
Myself,and many others aren't real interested in spending $500 on gasoline to attend. Something centrally located works best for many. St.Louis,Indy,Detroit,even Charlotte again. Driving all the way to Tulsa in '03 was the main reason I did not attend Vegas in '04.

#24 ·
The Corvette museum is located there. Don't know about how nearby any racing venues would be. Charlotte was so nice for that aspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.