I have taken several days & hours culling down the pertinent information that was listed in the YouTube video titled: LT1 Optispark (ABITS) Distributor Operation and Diagnostics.
The final product came to be a 28 page double sided document with close up detail shots, and detailed text on testing each sensor, and it appropriate reading.
It is available for ALL
to have as it is on a public site callled 'Dropbox'
The site URL is: Dropbox
The Logon and password are as follows:
Logon: [email protected]
The Word document & 158Mb MP4 original file are located in the \ImpalaSSforum\ directory.
I thought it would be great to have a hard copy in a 3-ring binder in the trunk of the Impala/Caprice, just in case she does break down while away from the house. A DVOM, spark tester, and test light are all helpful tools as well.
Let me know what you think, and we can vote to have this sticked if deemed necessary.
(I PM'd BK for him to move it to the Engine Problem & Maintenance section, and also STICKY
Plus we ALL
can use the Dropbox site for sharing files as well!
REVISION C PUBLISHED TODAY
1. The last image on Sheet 4 showing an E4 External Torx Socket is required to remove the distributor cap, and the tool and 1 screw shown for reference.
2. The last image on Sheet 5 showing the rotor and noting that it is held down by (2) (T9) screws and Loc-Tite should be applied upon reinstallation.
3. Top of page 7/32 I added the text stating that the Optical sensor is held down by (2) E6 External Torx screws.
I also did the following to the Dropbox site:
1. Changed DIR structure a little and removed the *.DOC master copy that I will keep myself for editing. If anyone has a problem with the .PDF format, contact me privately and we can make arrangements for a format that suits you best.
2. Updated the document slightly to show what Torx tools are required. The details are as follows, for the REV-C Document:2.
Clear Image Tri-Ys & Hi-Flow cats >> 2.5" X-Pipe & Magnaflow Tri-Chambers, Mike Harris 4L60E, Circle-D 2,400 RPM TC, All MOOG FT End & Del-A-Lum bushed MOOG CTRL Arms, Eibach FT & New Stock HT rear springs. Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, RAISS, 3.73 Gears in Eaton carrier, Dynoshaft & CIA Loop, BMR Trailing Arms, Braided Brake Hoses, Taylor Spiro-Pro Wires, AutoMeter Water Temp & Oil PSI Gauges, Impala Console. ATE Blue Brake Fluid. Skip White distributor. 20's, Z28 Cluster, Corbeau GTS Seat