Wife Wants Heated Road Master Seats - Chevy Impala SS Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 135
 
Wife Wants Heated Road Master Seats

The wife is calling all around trying to find Gray Heated RM seats for my 94 Caprice. She thinks she found some and is waiting for the call back so I have to ask fast. I have read a lot of the stickies on here and 4Door sent me info on the Bonny Seat Install but the wife wants the RM power heated seats. I currently have power on my 94 Caprice. What year RM seats will fit in my 94 and from another sticky I read it appears they will bolt right in? Is that correct?

So am I safe with anything from a 91-96 Roadmaster will they bolt into my Caprice? Front and Rear I am hoping?

Will I need the tracks too out of the Roadmaster or will mine work?

What is a decent price if they are in good shape? The wife says she thinks this guy may be pricing her up. I know the gray are hard to find and depends how badly she wants them.

But most importantly what years will definitely work and what should I look for. Will they plug in okay wiring wise as well or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks, appreciate all your help!

Last edited by Freebird; 11-08-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Freebird is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
4DoorSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Beautiful Chester County, PA
Posts: 7,974
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
The wife is calling all around trying to find Gray Heated RM seats for my 94 Caprice. She thinks she found some and is waiting for the call back so I have to ask fast. I have read a lot of the stickies on here and 4Door sent me info on the Bonny Seat Install but the wife wants the RM power heated seats. I currently have power on my 94 Caprice. What year RM seats will fit in my 94 and from another sticky I read it appears they will bolt right in? Is that correct?

So am I safe with anything from a 91-96 Roadmaster will they bolt into my Caprice? Front and Rear I am hoping?

Will I need the tracks too out of the Roadmaster or will mine work?

What is a decent price if they are in good shape? The wife says she thinks this guy may be pricing her up. I know the gray are hard to find and depends how badly she wants them.

But most importantly what years will definitely work and what should I look for. Will they plug in okay wiring wise as well or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks, appreciate all your help!

Not a 100% sure on the RM Front Seats working in a Caprice but almost positive it is a direct Bolton.....meaning they are the same. I can say for a certainty that the Rear Seat (top/bottom) fits right in place of the caprice with NO modification needed. I had a RM Rear seat for a while until I picked up the Impala Rear Seat. I do hope one day to install the Bonny Rear Seat but that is low on my priority scale.


As far as heat function, not sure where the switch is for that or how it's wired but would bet that you will need to wire this in yourself. The over all Power function of the Seats/rails should be the same. Never seen RM with Heated seats but depending on how that is activated, at a minimum I would get the switch as well as what ever pigtails you need for the heated seats. You can then make up your own harness.


If you want to get heat/air into the back seat area, look for a Caddy Fleetwood Brougham in the yards. These cars have ductwork parts that run on the floor and come out under the front seats. Added this to my car and its a true bolt-in mod if you have the parts.
Freebird likes this.

================================================== =============


'95 Caprice SS conversion - Bonny Buckets - 96 Column, Shifter and Console - 3.73 Gear and Herter tune - Z/28 Cluster - Blazer OH Console - Green/Pink bushings - Chromed Impala Wheels - Eibach Springs and Bilstein Shocks - Corvette Engine Dress - the list goes on and still more to do...it never ends.
4DoorSS is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 135
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorSS View Post
Not a 100% sure on the RM Front Seats working in a Caprice but almost positive it is a direct Bolton.....meaning they are the same. I can say for a certainty that the Rear Seat (top/bottom) fits right in place of the caprice with NO modification needed. I had a RM Rear seat for a while until I picked up the Impala Rear Seat. I do hope one day to install the Bonny Rear Seat but that is low on my priority scale.


As far as heat function, not sure where the switch is for that or how it's wired but would bet that you will need to wire this in yourself. The over all Power function of the Seats/rails should be the same. Never seen RM with Heated seats but depending on how that is activated, at a minimum I would get the switch as well as what ever pigtails you need for the heated seats. You can then make up your own harness.


If you want to get heat/air into the back seat area, look for a Caddy Fleetwood Brougham in the yards. These cars have ductwork parts that run on the floor and come out under the front seats. Added this to my car and its a true bolt-in mod if you have the parts.
Awesome! Thanks again 4Door. So the Caddy Fleetwood Brougham will work too then? So what years primarily then 91-96 on all of these: Caddy, RM, Bonny?

I believe the heated seat function is on the side of the seat itself, so yes I would imagine as you said 4Door would have to be wired separately. At least the one I saw a picture of anyway that is where the switch was.

But 91-96 would be the route to go on the year correct? I am hoping I am correct on this....Thanks for the fast response.
Freebird is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Shilaeli Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Newcomerstown,Oh
Posts: 2,027
 
Too bad ur far away. I got complete set of heated grey leather roadmaster limited seats. Im not positive but i think the wiring pigtails are different. I picked these up out of a 96 and never found a use for em. Just remember 94 n up the interiors were darker.

I beleive the tracks are different too cuz on my seats the up/down only moves the lower part and on my other car up/down moves entire seat.
Freebird likes this.

96 BBB 9c1. Rebuilt out of lets just say north of 30 cars.
94 MGR L99. Met a bridge.
92 White L03. Ran to death.
94 OSP 9C1. Lawn ornament.
91 Silver L03. Whales on ice is sad.
94 Black 9c1 clone. Sacrificed.
92 DCM to flat black L03 RMW. Blowed up... twice.
96 Black Woody RMW. Cannibalized.
92 Grey RMS L05. New daily driver.
"i built it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime!" Johnny Cash

Last edited by Shilaeli Hugger; 11-08-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Shilaeli Hugger is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 135
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilaeli Hugger View Post
Too bad ur far away. I got complete set of heated grey leather roadmaster limited seats. Im not positive but i think the wiring pigtails are different. I picked these up out of a 96 and never found a use for em. Just remember 94 n up the interiors were darker.

I beleive the tracks are different too cuz on my seats the up/down only moves the lower part and on my other car up/down moves entire seat.
Shilaeli Hugger, wish I still lived in Ohio. We lived in Chardon, Ohio for about 2 years back when my father passed away. Are they in good shape? Would you be willing to sell them? I know shipping will not be cheap at all but if I could get them to work properly and wired up it sure would make the wife Happy, Happy, Happy!

She just called me and asked if you could send some pictures because she wants them! Can you help a battered fellow B-Body owner out. I am afraid she will beat me tonight if not LOL! Thank you Sir very much!

She was looking at having some shipped from Texas but they were in terrible shape. We will gladly pay whatever shipping is required.

I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Last edited by Freebird; 11-08-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Freebird is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Shilaeli Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Newcomerstown,Oh
Posts: 2,027
 
Yeah i can get u pics. Do u text? Shoot me a msg 7402270080. Id be willing to sell them wed just have to figure out the logistics.
Freebird likes this.

96 BBB 9c1. Rebuilt out of lets just say north of 30 cars.
94 MGR L99. Met a bridge.
92 White L03. Ran to death.
94 OSP 9C1. Lawn ornament.
91 Silver L03. Whales on ice is sad.
94 Black 9c1 clone. Sacrificed.
92 DCM to flat black L03 RMW. Blowed up... twice.
96 Black Woody RMW. Cannibalized.
92 Grey RMS L05. New daily driver.
"i built it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime!" Johnny Cash
Shilaeli Hugger is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Moorpark, CA
Posts: 8,445
 
Garage
Using Greyhound terminal to terminal shipping may be the cheapest way to ship the seats

if the car they are going in does not have the wiring for electric function you could just rig up a +12vdc and a switch somewhere to make them work

or more of a quick down and dirty fix...something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-He.../dp/B009RHMZCI
Freebird likes this.

\'96 BBB 383/T-56
BALLSS is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 135
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilaeli Hugger View Post
Yeah i can get u pics. Do u text? Shoot me a msg 7402270080. Id be willing to sell them wed just have to figure out the logistics.
Sent you a text. Thanks!

Larry
Freebird is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,705
 
Didn't Read It All

Lots of chat decades back on swapping Imp and D-body seats. Rear is just configured wrong on several fronts, mostly dimensions. The front Cadys turn out just plain wide and should be measured out to make certain all is cool with how close they get to the Imp door panels.

\'96SS SOB: SSRI, Herter Tune, Tri-Y II, , 3000 Edge, F/HO bars, METCO extendeds with CV MMC, Bilsteins, currently Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (315/35 rear). Finally, wait for it... LT-4 knock module!
\'96FWB BUW-Butt Ugly White: PCMPerformance tune, HDFA w/ swissed filter, 1/2 SLP s.s. catback with H- and Flow Super 50s, oem opti rebuilt 3 times, SS Bars, METCO LCA, Airlift 1000, Monroe SS, PowerTrax No-Slip, CTS wheels with +1 rubber. Finally, yes again... LT-4 knock module!
96 Black is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Fred Kiehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Largo, FL 33774
Posts: 10,869
 
94-96 B body gray is the same. The seats can be switched, but the Limited front seats require the complete track mechanism. You will probably do a little wiring, but it is not all that difficult. The standard seats will bolt up to the standard tracks. The 91-93 seats will have a different color of gray that is substantially darker.

You could just grab the heaters out of a set of heated seats, and install them in yours. If they do not work, check for a broken heater wire. If there is a break in the wire, use a crimp connector to repair it.
Freebird likes this.

1991 OCC 461 (.030 over 454) BBC, 3.23 posi, flash to pass, drop spindles & springs, Impala rims, Hydroboost, Recaros, MOMO/wood SW w/QR, custom wood shift knob, Pioneer DEH P77DH
1992 OCC now with 5.7 tbi, DEH P77DH
For a parts list, check https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulle...ion-parts.html
Fred Kiehl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Impala SS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome