EDIT: Another overpost.
1. I thought the agreement was "no work until a quote and your approval". Dropping the pan is "work" as is replacing a part. It would not matter to me that he will not charge for it since "throwing that part at it" did not pan out.
2. How many miles on this tranny? What life has it led? Does this car have a working cooler?
3. "Looking at the pump" sounds hinky if pressure has been measured to indicate a problem. Or not.
4. Pouring in an additive? For running hot?
5. Is your overdrive catching like it's supposed to?
My initial reply recommended simply getting the car back. I recommend it now. But I'm very interested hearing what a couple other of the real brains come up with too.
And just now it finally dawned on me to wonder what you're basing this, "getting really hot" on. Do you have a tranny temp gauge?
\'96SS SOB: SSRI, Herter Tune, Tri-Y II, , 3000 Edge, F/HO bars, METCO extendeds with CV MMC, Bilsteins, currently Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (315/35 rear)
\'96FWB BUW-Butt Ugly White: PCMPerformance tune, HDFA w/ swissed filter, 1/2 SLP s.s. catback with H- and Flow Super 50s, oem opti rebuilt 3 times, SS Bars, METCO LCA, Airlift 1000, Monroe SS, PowerTrax No-Slip, CTS wheels with +1 rubber. Finally, wait for it... LT-4 knock module!
Last edited by 96 Black; 06-12-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Reason: Another overpost