I have a 1200 watt kenwood amp in ma caprice. I just finished my box kit so i decided to hook it up. I have about a 4 gauge wire hooked up 2 power on the amp.I had the 1 woofer hooked up and the wire that send the signal to the amp. so then when I went to connect The negative cable it sparked! so I disconnected The negative straight at The battery and connected the amp negative. when I connected the battery I went to go look at the amp and smoke was comming from it! i disconnnected the battery but I dont get it what did I do wrong? I had it hooked up like this before and no smoke. Also the amp has 4 20 amp fuses and 3 of them blew but the one was still okay but arent the fuses supposed to protect the amp from frying??