Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Rear squeaking ?

2K views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  sokoolss 
G
#1 ·
I have been trying to locate a high pitched squeak from my driver's side rear quarter when I hit a bump.Shocks are tight ,doors too,and all usual reasons for this knd of noise I have checked.Car has 37k and is all orig.
It's very difficult to tell if the noise is internal or external.If anyone of you guys can offer some ideas please feel free to chime in , it will be appreciated.

G
#5 ·
I have some squeaking coming from the rear also but it happens all the time. If I push my car on the side it starts squeaking. I looked under the car and their are some metal pieces around the fuel tank and when I move it a little it squeaks. Does anyone know what the metal pieces are.

G
#7 ·
Originally posted by wstaten:
I have some squeaking coming from the rear also but it happens all the time. If I push my car on the side it starts squeaking. I looked under the car and their are some metal pieces around the fuel tank and when I move it a little it squeaks. Does anyone know what the metal pieces are.
I think they are usually mistaken for heat shields. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they protect the tank from things flying up there and damaging/puncturing the tank.

G
#8 ·
I have the squeaks as well. I took some WD40 and sprayed the exhaust hangers with it the first time and they went away. What was happening in my car was the hangers were squeaking and echoing through the exhaust pipes. Now I'm going to spray the LCA's and bushings.

Good luck
-Sokol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.