Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
CustomCaddys Got His Wish - Mostly Good Links!

It just occurred to me that the wood section doesn't have a single sticky. ....
Yah tell me about it....

....i ask for only larger than stock is because if you want to see smaller you can just go to cusstom.com and look at about a billion spoked lowriders. That and i'm sure we've all seen stockers. I don't care how long this takes, i do realize traffic here is slow but it's all us fleetwood lovers got! So even if you've already posted your pics, post em again here and make this a good sticky! and no links that are going to be dead in the near future damnit lol

ready set go. and please atleast put a number referring to the wheel diameter. if u want to list the wheel/tire specs even better.

The stock Impalas on my last FWB worked pretty ok, and I'm beginning the hunt for some +3 or +4 options to replace the current Vogue Octavos on my new driver. There's decent examples above from Fleetwood bretheren from the past, but I'm really interested in whether possible just to easily swap in something as a takeoff from one of the newer Cadys to keep that oem vision. Time to start searching RWD type offset in 17 or 18", by maybe 8 or 9" width. Most CTS are simply way too open spoke for my taste. Some 6-spoke Escalade look refined enough. Has anyone trod this ground already?

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
2 months on, - still hunting compatible 18" with near oem profile. I'm getting more accustomed to maybe a CTS takeoff. Time to research cost of reverting something to 5 x 127.

·
Registered
383 Posts
C5 17" corvette wagon wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Fleetwood on Refurbished Smooth Impala SS wheels

New Smoothed Impala SS wheels.
My wheel guy put these on his CNC machine and smooths out all the rough areas GM had on the inner spokes and the large inner lip. Then refinishes the entire wheel.
Great deal for $500.00
This car has a 96 impala ss rear end with 373/Eaton posi.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
A little motor add-on stuff too IIRC. I've seen that guy's work and rather good. SS wheels were fine for 16 years on my old FWB. But really hunting for a different look on my current driver.

I'm looking into the offset and backspace and such, but about settled on 14-spoke CTS probably #4669 18x8 or 8 1/2". LMK if you come across any in your travels. Chrome

·
Registered
7,956 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
lookin classy Black.

i actually made a chart like 15 years ago, showing what rim widths needed what offsets to be centered in our wheel wells..

granted i gathered the info from testing on my specific car & sort of extrapolated from there, i should probably find and share it.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Thanks. Couple notes worth repeating. There's 1/2 a coil cut off (make that a 1/3 - I found an earlier more trustworthy post when I did the front end) of oem FE1 front coil = 1" drop. I had cut off a full coil on my last FWB and it dropped 2", BUT with such weak rate it bottomed out so hard on dips I really feared spreading the frame. So, in went some old sacked out SS coils front and rear which turned out perfect (on that car). There's a thread in '16 with a pic of both cars together for comparison (but with the old 15" wheels and stock tires). For as much as I fussed over eerthing these tires and wheels turned out perfect for what I'm after. I'm still looking forward to having enuf other projects done that I can mod the stops to keep the sidewall from snagging the A-arm rears near lock. And fix the AirLifts. And finish my 2-1/2" catback. And get the terrible vinyl off and get the ugly thing painted. I found a Maybach with the perfect scheme.

Waddaya have in mind for yourn?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
some damn fleetwood forum chat, love it! hahaa
it looks to be sitting damn near perfect brother. and wow i haven't touched my airlifts since hitting the track a few years back.

I'm at a point where i have a low mile LS sitting waiting, but it's hard to give up on a fully built 396 lt4. dragon slayer crank, jesel shaft mount rockers, afr heads, plumbed for direct port..

i just want a LOT more power & traction. ~625 bhp on a 100 shot puts me to sleep anymore. safe to say I'm not exactly the typical fleetwood owner i suppose.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
sharing my D body fleetwood rear wheel clearance chart thing... quality is down, probably from resizing.. and i made it when i was still in my teens so don't expect much.

I'm sure i could fix and add to it, but basically you want to stay around positive 12 on the lower right chart. that has worked for me this far, but by all means comment if you see flaws.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
and by sharing, i mean failing to share.... i vaguely remember photobucket going south, i did try to resize the file with win10 & it was terrible quality & it also still said the file size was too big. i also tried to create a new account here hoping it would be easier on my laptop but was denied privileges(totally understandable) i just don't get it, it's 2019 & things like this aren't that serious lol. smh, sorry guys

·
Registered
7,956 Posts

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
and by sharing, i mean failing to share.... ....

Patiently waiting (you don't see my foot stamping though). Didja getter fixed? Imgur is so easy it should be illegal NOT to use it. I'd / we'd like to eye your chart.

·
Registered
486 Posts
and by sharing, i mean failing to share....
If you're interested, I can pm you my email address and you could send the original to me and I'll figure out what to do with it. I usually have some free time in front of a computer in the afternoons. I'll either figure out a reasonable method to upload it (I tend to upload fairly large photos when I post stuff anyways) or I'll just take the time to retype it into a new spreadsheet and put it somewhere on the cloud (there is no cloud, it's just somebody else's computer) and we can all grab a copy whenever we please.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Check. Thanks there.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts